I bet you had no idea that olive oil is in fact a fruit juice! Well… if you reside in one of the Mediterranean countries, you probably know that. And you are also probably aware of the amazing health benefits this God’s oil has to offer. The olive is in fact a fruit of an evergreen known as olea europaea and the olive oil is obtained from squeezing the olives. It is estimated that 96% of the olive trees in the entire world are cultivated only in the Mediterranean areas and 60% of all the land is Greece is designated to olive trees’ cultivation.
The entire process of producing this type of oil starts with the olives being smashed under a milestone, obtaining a paste which is, after this, placed under hydraulic presses to obtain the juice. The juice obtained is mixed with water; however, only after the water is eliminated, the oil is graded, stored and placed in bottles so that it’s ready for consumption.
There are 5 grades of olive oil, all these determining the quality of the final product. In conclusion, this oil’s grades are:
1. Extra-virgin olive oil originates from a cold pressing process of the olives; it consists of a maximum of .8% acidity, and it is known to possess a superior taste. It’s the greatest grade possible. Extra-virgin and virgin grades should not contain refined oil.
2. Virgin essential olive oil comes with acidity under 2%, and it is known to possess a good taste.
3. Essential olive oil is really a mixture of virgin oil and refined oil, of a maximum of 1.5% acidity. Producers refine this kind of oil by using solvents that are after this removed, and combined with superior quality oil from the same fruits. It generally lacks a powerful flavor.
4. Olive-pomace oil is really a mixture of refined pomace essential Comprar aceite de oliva ecológico olive oil and perhaps some virgin oil. It’s very good for consumption, but might not be referred to as essential olive oil. Olive-pomace oil is rarely offered at retail and it’s frequently used for several types of foods, for cooking in restaurants.
5. Lampante oil is also oil made from olives, but is not at all good for consumption; lampante originates from olive oil’s use within lamps that are oil-burning.
The flexibility of essential oil made from olives was especially apparent within the ancient world. In Egypt, for instance, this type of oil was a lubricant used in moving heavy building materials. Additionally to bei